Image

Gift of Laughter

 

No matter what your budget is for presents this season, keep the Gift of Laughter at the top of your list.

Everyone Loves Laughter

“Show me one person who doesn’t like to laugh and I’ll show you a person with a toe tag” – Julia Roberts

Laughter fuels our souls, enriches our spirit and nourishes our bodies.

Laughter is calorie-free, fat-free & tax-free. If you happen to know the art of Laughter Yoga (and each one of you reading this does, you’re just out of practice), you can give the gift of laughter FREE-FREE. I’m talking no money down, no interest, no points and no closing costs!  *schwing batta batta*

Laughter…

  • Stimulates deep breathing;
  • Reduces the levels of stress hormones epinephrine and cortisol;
  • Increases brain endorphins and serotonin that act as mood enhancers and natural pain-killers;
  • Improves lung capacity & oxygen levels to the blood & circulation of both the cardiovascular & lymphatic system;
  • Promotes better sleep;
  • Internally massages the digestive tract promoting better digestion;
  • Provides a safe aerobic workout. The heart rate increase in 1 minute of hearty laughter is equal to 10 minutes of rowing or jogging;
  • Exercises facial and abdominal muscles;
  • Boosts the immune system by increasing levels of anti-viral and anti-infection cells;
  • Boosts self-confidence, creativity and improves communication skills.

FREE Ways to Give the Gift of Laughter

If money is tight, consider these FREE ways to share laughter.

1)   Just Laugh   

Just Laugh is a simple Laughter Yoga exercise. Most kids already know “Just Laugh” laughter. All you need to do is make eye contact with someone, smile and start laughing. Sure, you might feel like a smacked ass once you start. For control freaks (many adults), the act of play laughing is a foreign concept.

The idea behind Laughter Yoga is really quite simple.  All you have to do is: FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!

Try it.

Go ahead.

I’m daring you. No, I double dog dare you.

Find a person. Make eye contact. SMILE. Start to laugh.

97.5% of the time, people will laugh with you.  As for the other 2.5%, check for toe tags. They’re probably dead.

In case you ever run out of gift ideas, here’s a little tip: give me your laugh. Whether it’s mischievous, tender, loud, or quiet, simply give me a laugh from your heart. Your laughter brings me never-ending joy.  – Helmut Walch

2)   Play

Using our imagination and creativity is the cornerstone of play. Playing brings more joy into our life. It helps us feel better about ourselves and our world. In my opinion, the best thing about playing is that it often fosters laughter, and in my book, laughter is always FUN!

Those who play rarely become brittle in the face of stress or lose the healing capacity for humor. – Stuart Brown, MD, Contemporary American psychiatrist

Instead of purchasing a gift, why not make a play date instead?  Create your own coupon and offer the recipient one, two, three (or more) hours of play with you?

Play a board game together, grab a ball, shoot some hoops, draw your own hopscotch board, jump around, have a scavenger hunt outdoors, watch a comedy on tv, take up a new hobby together, grab a kazoo, dance, surf, construct a spit ball range (it’s an option) and if none of those ideas float your boat, check out more tips to have fun HERE.

As a Christian, I am accustomed to saying “Merry Christmas” but for those of you who don’t celebrate Christmas, I wish you all Happy Holidays, Merry Festivus, Happy Hanukkah and a Hearty Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha!

Best wishes,

Christa & Rosie

Related Posts

Ho Ho Ho (does Jesus eat cake?)

Santa Dashboard huddle

Giggle On Holiday Decor

It’s a Giggle On Christmas

Politically Correct Holiday Party

Merry Christa-mas, Ooops SITSmas

Have Fun: Tips to bring playfulness into your life

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Leave a Reply